Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Under the Weather

I found myself under the weather today.
Typical symptoms include: achy body, sore throat, runny nose.
I blame this conundrum on a long coat-less walk I took through the cold shadows of the skyscrapers in downtown Denver yesterday, one way empty handed and the other way loaded with $400 worth of printed marketing materials.

Why is there healing power in a heavy blanket and a hot cup of tea?

Why does the tea taste better out of my old favorite childhood mug?

Am I actually warmer for imagining that long gone fall-mountain-sunshine or is that simply psychological?

1 comment:

  1. Love the mug - still remember the birthday you picked it out from that diner we went to (Angel something right?) Hope you feel much better soon - and not just in the tea & heavy blanket sort of way ;0)

    ReplyDelete