Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not all questions have answers

Of this I am keenly aware.

I believe that God gives all good gifts and that all the gifts He gives are good.
So what do I do with unfulfilled desire?
How does my belief change the way I view my current situation?
If my desire is not against the character of God- in itself it is not sin- and the desire is still unfulfilled what do I do with it?

It's easy to say wait.

Is it possible to fake it til you make it?



It's fairly easy to believe that what I have is good (in my head at least) but this doesn't produce understanding or even contentment.

Is understanding a necessary part of contentment? (I KNOW the answer to this one- NO)


I'm beginning to see that contentment is given and sustained not in who I am but in who God is. That He never changes- that He IS enough- that He views me as righteous- that He (having satiated the wrath of God toward my sin on the cross) sat down and it was finished- that He DOES give good gifts so I MUST view the gift I am receiving with open arms in full acceptance of His goodness apart from my understanding.

Is that the answer then? To all unanswered questions?

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what you mean--I guess I find myself in the same quandary more often than I'd prefer. Usually regarding the same types of things.

    Is that the answer? Good question! ;-)

    ReplyDelete