Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Music (myoo-zik)- Gk mousik (téchnē) (the art) of the Muse

Music (as defined by the Random House Unabridged Dictionary)
1. an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony and color.


Over the last month I have had the chance to experience the depths of this definition of music.

Art.

Expression of ideas.

Emotions.

Color!

Here are a few excerpts…

On the large scale there was the Creed concert that my brother and I went to. A display of musical magnitude.

Incredible talent both vocally and instrumentally.


Part of the enjoyment of music comes in sharing it with people you care about. I think this is true of all of God's gifts. Perhaps even part of the reason He created me? To share in the beauty that His is...

I've been lucky to have some fun sharing music with others as well.

Jon and I after the Creed and Staind concert.


Jon, Mom, me and Dad at Wicked.

Another display of FANTASTIC musical ability mixed with beautiful performance.


First Churchill concert at The Marquis here in Denver.
I have become such a huge fan of this new local band. (New friend Mike from church is the mandolin player.)


This is a new song by Churchill called Sons and Daughters. Beautiful words and music performed at Everyday Joe's in Ft. Collins.


Another local group called SHEL. I was blown away by the mandolin action in the song Tuscany.

God is the one who gives ability!!! Let's praise Him!


Isaiah 5:11-12 says, "Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may run after strong drink, who tarry late into the evening as wine inflames them! They have lyre and harp, tambourine and flute and wine at their feasts, but they do not regard the deeds of the LORD, or see the work of his hands."

The sin is not in their strong drink, their instruments or their feasts but rather in their lack of acknowledging God.


I read this quote on a friend’s Facebook this morning and thought it fitting for the post I was composing:

"Therefore, in reading profane authors, the admirable light of truth displayed in them should remind us, that the human mind, however much fallen and perverted from its original integrity, is still adorned and invested with admirable gifts from its Creator...In despising the gifts, we insult the Giver." ~ John Calvin


I praise the Lord for the ability to enjoy these gifts daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment