Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thoughts I had today...

I just had such a beautiful today so I felt the need to make note of it on "Adventure # Next". I shared this little morning story with Facebook already but I feel the need to memorialize it here on the blog as well. This post is far less serious than the others I have written. My week has been full of adventure though and what better place to record adventure than here?

So, I woke up this morning still feeling the severe aches of Tuesday's workout. Seriously. Is that healthy? Wow. Not the point. So I woke up and to say the least was not thrilled about the fact that it was time to get ready for the 7:45 staff meeting which is 45 min away from home. Again, not the point.

I happened to catch a glimpse of light that had found its way through my upturned vertical blinds, through the blackout pull down shade and around the corners of my dark brown and black striped curtains. Amazing. All it takes is one little crack. So, I decided that if the rising sun’s light were truly brilliant enough to find its way through all the barriers I had placed so confidently to keep it out then it certainly deserved my attention. So I bounded out of bed and rushed to the window, hence removing the not-so-tightly placed window coverings and revealing a not-at-all-disappointing sunrise. It was in fact quite breath taking. After my eyes adjusted to the bright light I took this picture for you to enjoy. Enjoy.



So then there was my work day. What a wonderful day it was. Quite a feat for me (not "feat." with a period that stands for “featuring” when following an artist’s name in a song title- thanks Jilly). A real big time career accomplishment. The success of the first of hopefully many Cole Community Service Provider gatherings. A well organized and executed luncheon. It was delightful. Utterly reassuring to know that all the hours of planning played out perfectly and that 30 organizations walked away with new knowledge and networks for greater community success.


After a long and refreshing work day, I spent some time driving around, running errands in the early evening time. Perfect relaxation. Driving in the car, listening to wonderful music. I looked up in the sky to find the fingernail clipping in the sky (otherwise known as the waxing moon crescent) situated in such a way that I thought about Freshman year Physical Science at BJ when Dr. Matzko asked me if I was stupid for my wrong answer about the moon. Made me laugh. I was never offended by it either. I found it sincerely entertaining. :o)

"And today was a day just like any other..."

No comments:

Post a Comment